In response to the needs of a growing congregation, a Feasibility Study was conducted including a thorough review of the potential options for expanding the facility. As a result, 9,000 S.F. of additions were carefully added to the existing, two level 1950’s church complex. Key to the project’s success was the recognition of the importance of constructing a new, larger Sanctuary with an ample gathering/entry space. Seating was increased to 300 seats and the Chancel was effectively doubled in size.
The new Sanctuary was positioned in front of the original church which provided a bolder street presence and identity in the community. The Sanctuary was strategically constructed close to grade to foster easier access by the senior and impaired members of the church. The existing Sanctuary was reconstituted as the Fellowship Hall, which was further enhanced by the addition of a new commercial-grade kitchen adjacent. Much-needed additions included an elevator to connect all levels, a new Library Area and conveniently-located toilets.