Needing a significant growth in office and program space, GCASA sought to relocate to this residential property to be immediately adjacent to their Atwater residential program.
This structure was originally built in the later 1800’s and was added to over time. When acquired by GCASA, the Italianate style house had been unused for several years.
The original building was gutted and essentially rebuilt structurally and mechanically. The two story addition, housing the offices and counseling areas, was constructed to the rear of the original, with the second floors aligning. An elevator was positioned at the juncture between the new and the old. A completely new electrical and gas service was installed.
The result was a structure that preserved historic and residential character, complementing the Atwater facility next door and earning praise from the historical society of Batavia.