The Sisters of Mercy in the diocese of Buffalo completely reconstructed approximately 115,000 S.F. of the existing Convent through major alterations to create a 15-bed Infirmary (S.N.F.), a 15-bed Assisted Living Facility, and a 57-Unit single bedroom apartment complex. The Unit sizes range from 260 S.F. to 500 S.F., with a variety of arrangements and levels of care service.
The renovation of the four-story masonry structure, built in 1904, includes many new amenities such as Activity Rooms, Lounges equipped with kitchenettes, Solariums, and a new covered porch and entry. The new design will bring the building into current barrier-free and building systems design, while maintaining the character of the exterior. The heating, cooling, plumbing, and electrical systems were extensively, if not completely, overhauled as part of this project.